There are different kinds of latex:
- 100% latex - same as latex.
- All natural latex - some manufacturers and retailers use this term to describe the blended latex they use to confuse customers into believing that they are 100% natural.
- Blended latex - also known as Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR). produced with petrochemicals and does not have the resilience properties that 100% natural latex has.
- Latex - can be synthetic, blended synthetic, or 100% natural.
- Natural latex - could mean blended latex or 100% natural. In Europe, anything that has at least 20% natural latex is considered natural.