Senior Supply Chain Consultant (MADE-BY)
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
MADE-BY is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to improve environmental and social standards in the fashion industry and communicate progress in a way that consumers understand. Driven by our commitment to sustainable fashion, MADE-BY works with fashion brands and retailers to design and implement sustainability programs that fit and create value for their businesses and improve social and environmental conditions across their supply chains.
Due to increased workload in our office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a second
Senior Supply Chain Consultant
This person is the primary contact for brands which MADE-BY works with and is both account manager as well as consultant. He/She, in partnership with the brand, is responsible for creating and implementing a fitting sustainability program from strategy through to end product and for monitoring progress. The senior supply chain consultant is able to recognize and pinpoint the sustainability needs of fashion companies and match this with the support MADE-BY can offer. He/she is also the link between MADE-BY and the team at our partner organization Solidaridad, who co-ordinate local improvement projects in the supply chains.
• Consulting fashion brands on sustainability strategies and supply chain related issues
• Analysing the supply chain and production set-up of brands in order to establish possibilities for sustainability improvements and translating this analysis into an action plan for implementation
• Conducting training and workshops
• Developing MADE-BY tools and service products
• Business development activities, including the writing of proposals
• Responsible for monitoring the certified status of suppliers and drawing up the MADE-BY Scorecards for MADE-BY partner brands
• Minimum 8 years work experience in supply chain management and/or consultancy
• Experience in the fashion or textile industry, preferably with a focus on sustainability and/or CSR
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Able to create trusting relationships built on mutual respect
• Able to work independently and create structure and clarity in all situations
• Pragmatic, determined and results oriented
• Fluency in English
• a challenging and rewarding job (32 hours) in a young, dynamic and internationally operating organisation
• terms and conditions of employment are up to market standards
Send your application before November 8th 2010 to Sherida Alidjan,
, Prins Hendrikkade 25, 1012 TM Amsterdam.
For further information concerning the tasks, contact Esther Verburg or Karin Reimerink at 020 5230666.
Also see our website www.made-by.org
Rianne De Witte Seeking Agent For Benelux
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
The brand Rianne de Witte is looking for an agent for Benelux. (The Benelux is a union in Western Europe that comprises three neighboring countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
Rianne de Witte is known as sustainable designer brand from 1996!
The brand is now sold in 28 country's in The Netherland and abroad.
Please send your reply to:
/ +31 (0) 6- 22285460
Thursday, 13 May 2010
Looking for an exciting opportunity to work in South-America? The Andean Collection (AC) seeks a full time production coordinator in Ecuador to manage all aspects of the AC (90%) and The Andean Project (AP) the AC’s non-profit arm, (10%). This position will report to and work closely with the Founder, Amanda Judge (MALD 2008). The production coordinator will oversee three lead artisan groups and their respective assistant artisans (totaling approximately 25 artisans). This role helps to build the artisans' capacity as well as streamline the operations of the AC in Ecuador. It is crucial that the candidate is self motivated and able to work independently as apart from the artisans, the production coordinator will make up the entire AC presence in Ecuador. While physically located in Ecuador, this position will work closely with AC NYC, which consists of 3 full time employees. AC NYC is the main branch of the Andean Collection where all sales & marketing activities occur.
Monday, 10 May 2010
Eco Fashion World is looking for you! We support young creatives and offer our website as a platform for fashion designers, graphic illustrators, photographers and other talent to be visible to over 140.000 web pages per month! One such a design talent is 23 year old Guus Ter Beek, a student at the Willem de Kooning Academie in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The school is named after the famous Dutch abstract expressionist painter Willem de Kooning. He says about his series of fashion drawings FASHION VICTIMS:
Thursday, 06 May 2010
Looking for a job in the exciting world of eco fashion? The Better Cotton Initiative offers an opportunity to be the Membership Coordinator. The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), aims to promote measurable improvements in the key environmental and social impacts of cotton cultivation worldwide to make it more economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable. BCI is working with organizations from across the cotton supply chain and interested stakeholders to facilitate a solution for the mainstream cotton sector.
GreenSewn.com: Wholesale sideline sales reps for sustainable, eco friendly accesories line
Thursday, 08 April 2010
All Territories EXCEPT Ca. and New England. 15% commission.
Must have experience and a better grade customer base. Yoga studios, Spas, better grade womens clothing and shoe stores, department stores and small chains. Super easy line to carry. See www.greensewn.com.
FULL TIME OFFICE MANAGER (MADE-BY)
Friday, 29 May 2009
Job Title: Full-time Office Manager
Reports to: General Manager UK
Location: 28 Mortimer Street, London. W1W 7RD
Role: To provide full admin support for the UK MADE-BY office.
Start Date: 1st July 2009
- Full responsibility for the day to day management of the office, including ordering of office supplies, office furniture, set up of subscriptions/publications.
- To provide administrative support to the UK General Manager.
- Ensure that all insurances are in place and kept up to date.
- Maintain databases when required.
- Full responsibilities for team travel arrangement.
- Organisation of meetings and minute taking.
- Maintain the electronic and paper filing systems.
- Answering the phone and message taking for members of the team.
- Finance duties including:
- Processing and payment of all internal and external invoices, including team expenses.
- Maintaining and updating finance spreadsheets when required.
- HR administration including :
- Keeping all records of annual leave and sickness updated.
- Co-ordination of set up for new starters/interns.
- Maintain standard forms (in liaison with the UK General Manager & HR)for annual leave, sickness, health and safety and other policies.
- To work with the team on MADE-BY promotional activities â€" Trade Shows, fashion/in-store events etc.
- Some travel involved.
May be required to work additional hours outside of normal office
hours in order to ensure role responsibilities are met.
This role is ideally suited to a highly skilled Office Manager with a
professional attitude balanced with an outgoing and fun personality.
The position will suit a team-player with experience in a similar
position who is now looking for a new challenge in a young and vibrant
- At least 5 years solid experience in secretarial/admin roles with
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have strong attention to detail who is a born organiser and tidy.
- Superb telephone manner and client liaison skills.
- A methodical, flexible and thorough approach with the ability to
multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Understanding of sustainability a bonus but not essential.
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 5pm, FRIDAY 5TH JUNE 2009
Please send all applications to
ORDER FULFILLMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN RICHMOND, LONDON
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
4 days a week including Saturdays
This is a varied role for an enthusiastic personality within a small online ethical fashion business. This role will suit a candidate with a broad range of skills and whom must be organised, outgoing, adaptable and have the ability to work under pressure, time manage effectively and prioritise tasks.
You will work closely within a small team and your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, pack and dispatch orders
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the office and general administration
- Customer service within our retail showroom
- Assist with updating website content
- Data entry
We are looking for a candidate who would be able to commit for the medium to longer term.
Experience highly desirable
Salary: £13 - £15 000 pro rata
For a detailed job specification and to submit your application please email
or call 020 8878 8388
Closing Date: Friday 22nd May